Hilltop Press (1942-1975)
The Hilltop Press was the school newspaper running from 1942, replacing the Co-No Press, until 1971, when the name of the paper changed simply to The Press. The Co-No Press ended to reflect the name change from a normal school to a college. Based on the last few issues of the Co-No Press and the first few issues of The Hilltop Press, it appears that a change in staff was also involved. The Hilltop Press was set to be different. It was a paper set to represent the thoughts and feelings of the school and the students. The final issue of the Co-No Press read, “To the Hilltop Press we say ‘Continue to be a moving force in the school, be alert and ready to take the initiative. No matter how limited a staff there is, a group which is vitally interested can carry a paper'” . Through twenty-nine years of service to the school, the Hilltop Press lived through some of the largest social shifts in American history, which are captured through its eyes.