The Hilltop Press was the school newspaper running from 1942, replacing the Co-No Press, until 1971, when the name of the paper changed simply to The Press. The Co-No Press ended to reflect the name change from a normal school to a college. Based on the last few issues of the Co-No Press and the first few issues of The Hilltop Press, it appears that a change in staff was also involved. The Hilltop Press was set to be different. It was a paper set to represent the thoughts and feelings of the school and the students. The final issue of the Co-No Press read, “To the Hilltop Press we say ‘Continue to be a moving force in the school, be alert and ready to take the initiative. No matter how limited a staff there is, a group which is vitally interested can carry a paper'” . Through twenty-nine years of service to the school, the Hilltop Press lived through some of the largest social shifts in American history, which are captured through its eyes. Most issues have been digitized. A few are only available in print format and can be found in the College Archives.