The Co-No Press served as the student newspaper from 1925-1942. The previous student newspaper was the Normal News which existed until the devastating fire in 1919 when the Cortland Normal School burned down. In 1923 the Cortland Normal School was rebuilt and relocated to the top of the hill. With this change, the student newspaper transformed into the Co-No Press which stands for Cortland Normal Press. In 1942 the newspaper changed names again and transformed into the Hilltop Press reflecting the location of the College and the transition to the State Teachers College, and no longer considered the Cortland Normal School. Hard copies can be found in the College Archives.