First sketch of the proposed library on campus. This design was created by Architect Carl Clark who also designed Brockway and Moffett halls (or HPER as referred during its creation). Clark designed the original library to replicate the Georgian style of the surrounding campus buildings such as Brockway, Moffett, and Old Main. However, when the library finally broke ground in 1959 the style greatly differed and was larger than Clark's original design. Also the location changed as well. Originally the Library was to stand just north-east of Old Main, roughly where Miller stands now. The new design placed the library on Prospect Terrace. This occurred when the campus purchased residential land across Graham and Prospect Terrace where an entirely new campus building plan emerged.
Buildings, Architecture, Memorial Library